These ServiceRocket Terms of Service (these “Terms”) describe your rights and responsibilities as a customer of our Cloud Products. . These Terms are between you and ServiceRocket Pty Ltd or its Affiliates (“ServiceRocket”, “we” or “us”).
“You” means the entity you represent in accepting these Terms or, if that does not apply, you individually. If you are accepting on behalf of your employer or another entity, you represent and warrant that: (i) you have full legal authority to bind your employer or such entity to these Terms; (ii) you have read and understand these Terms; and (iii) you agree to these Terms on behalf of the party that you represent. If you don’t have the legal authority to bind your employer or the applicable entity, please do not click “I agree” (or similar button or checkbox) that is presented to you. PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU SIGN UP FOR A CLOUD PRODUCT USING AN EMAIL ADDRESS FROM YOUR EMPLOYER OR ANOTHER ENTITY, THEN (A) YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO REPRESENT SUCH PARTY, (B) YOUR CLICK TO ACCEPT WILL BIND YOUR EMPLOYER OR THAT ENTITY TO THESE TERMS, AND (C) THE WORD “YOU” IN THESE TERMS WILL REFER TO YOUR EMPLOYER OR THAT ENTITY.
These Terms are effective as of the earliest to occur of (i) the date you sign any purchase order for a Cloud Product, (ii) the date you first click “I agree” (or any similar button or checkbox) related to these Terms or (iii) the date you first use or access a Cloud Product (the “Effective Date”). These Terms do not have to be signed in order to be binding. You may indicate your assent to these Terms by clicking “I agree” (or similar button or checkbox) at the time you register for a Cloud Product, create a Cloud Product account, or place an Order, or by accessing or using a Cloud Product. For No-Charge Products, you also may indicate your assent to these Terms using any of these methods.
1. What these Terms cover.
1.2. Software Products Not Covered. These Terms do not apply to our downloadable software products, use of which requires a separate license agreement with us. For clarity, however, any client software (e.g., a desktop or mobile application) we may provide as part of the Cloud Products themselves remains subject to these Terms.
2. How Cloud Products are administered.
2.1. Administrators. Through the Cloud Products, you may be able to specify certain End Users as Administrators, who will have important rights and controls over your use of Cloud Products. Without limiting Section 2.4 (Responsibility for End Users), which fully applies to Administrators, you are responsible for all persons you allow to become Administrators and any actions they take, including as described above. You agree that our responsibilities do not extend to the internal management or administration of the Cloud Products for you.
2.2. Reseller as Administrator. If you order Cloud Products through a Reseller, then you are responsible for determining whether the Reseller may serve as an Administrator and for any related rights or obligations in your applicable agreement with the Reseller. As between you and ServiceRocket, you are solely responsible for any access by Reseller to your accounts or your other End User Accounts.
2.3. End User Consent. You will provide and maintain any and all required disclosures to and will obtain and maintain all required consents from End Users. You will provide evidence of such consents upon our reasonable request.
2.4. Responsibility for End Users. Our Cloud Products may have various user onboarding flows. Some Cloud Products may require users to be designated by Administrators; some may allow users to sign up for individual accounts which can become associated with teams or organizations at a later time; and some may allow users to invite other users. You are responsible for understanding the settings and controls for each Cloud Product you use and for the actions of all persons you allow to become an End User. If payment is required for End Users to use or access a Cloud Product, then we are only required to provide the Cloud Products to those End Users for whom you have paid the applicable fees, and only such End Users are permitted to access and use the Cloud Products. You are responsible for compliance with these Terms by all End Users, including for any payment obligations. Please note that you are responsible for the activities of all your End Users, including Orders they may place and how End Users use Your Data, even if those End Users are not from your organization or domain.
2.5. Credentials. You agree, on your own behalf and behalf of your End Users, to keep all user IDs and passwords for the Cloud Products strictly confidential and not to share them with any unauthorized person. You are responsible for any and all actions taken using your or your End User Accounts and passwords, and you agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of which you become aware.
2.6. Age Requirement for End Users. The Cloud Products are not intended for, and should not be used by, anyone under the age of 16. You are responsible for ensuring that all End Users are at least 16 years old.
2.7. Domain Name Ownership. Where you are required to specify a domain for the operation of a Cloud Product or certain Cloud Product features, we may verify that you own or control that domain. If you do not own or control the domain you specify, then we will have no obligation to provide you with the applicable Cloud Product or Cloud Product features.
3. What's included in your Cloud Product subscriptions; what are the restrictions.
3.1. Access to Cloud Products. Subject to these Terms and during the applicable Subscription Term, you may access and use the Cloud Products for your own business purposes or personal use, as applicable, all in accordance with these Terms, the applicable Order and the Documentation. The rights granted to you in this Section 3.1 are non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable.
3.2. Support. During the Subscription Term, we will provide Support for the Cloud Products in accordance with the Support Plan (to the extent applicable), and the applicable Order.
3.3. Restrictions. Except as otherwise expressly permitted in these Terms, you will not: (a) reproduce, modify, adapt or create derivative works of the Cloud Products; (b) rent, lease, distribute, sell, sublicense, transfer or provide access to the Cloud Products to a third party; (c) use the Cloud Products for the benefit of any third party; (d) incorporate any Cloud Products into a product or service you provide to a third party; (e) interfere with or otherwise circumvent mechanisms in the Cloud Products intended to limit your use; (f) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, translate or otherwise seek to obtain or derive the source code, underlying ideas, algorithms, file formats or non-public APIs to any Cloud Products, except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law (and then only upon advance notice to us); (g) remove or obscure any proprietary or other notices contained in any Cloud Product; (h) use the Cloud Products for competitive analysis or to build competitive products; (i) publicly disseminate information regarding the performance of the Cloud Products; or (j) encourage or assist any third party to do any of the foregoing.
4. Our security and data privacy policies.
4.1. Security and Certifications. We implement and maintain physical, technical and administrative security measures designed to protect Your Data from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. We also maintain a compliance program that includes independent third-party audits and certifications.
4.4. Subpoenas. Nothing in these Terms prevents us from disclosing Your Data to the extent required by law, subpoenas or court orders, but we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you where permitted to do so. ServiceRocket strives to balance your privacy rights with other legal requirements.
4.5. GDPR Data Processing Addendum and Standard Contractual Clauses. If you are in the EEAU, Switzerland, or are otherwise subject to the territorial scope of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) or any successor legislation, you must request and complete the ServiceRocket Data Processing Addendum (“DPA”) and related Standard Contractual Clauses (“SCCs”) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Terms that apply to Your Data.
5.1. Using Your Data to provide Cloud Products to You. You retain all right, title and interest in and to Your Data in the form submitted to the Cloud Products. Subject to these Terms, and solely to the extent necessary to provide the Cloud Products to you, you grant us a worldwide, limited term license to access, use, process, copy, distribute, perform, export, and display Your Data. Solely to the extent that reformatting Your Data for display in a Cloud Product constitutes a modification or derivative work, the foregoing license also includes the right to make modifications and derivative works. In order to respond to your support requests, with your permission we may also access your accounts, End User Accounts, and your Cloud Products.
5.2. Your Data Compliance Obligations. You and your use of Cloud Products (including use by your End Users) must comply at all times with these Terms, and all Laws. You represent and warrant that: (i) you have obtained all necessary rights, releases and permissions to submit all Your Data to the Cloud Products and to grant the rights granted to us in these Terms and (ii) Your Data and its submission and use as you authorize in these Terms will not violate (1) any Laws, (2) any third-party intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, or (3) any of your or third-party policies or terms governing Your Data. Other than our express obligations under Section 4 (Our security and data privacy policies), we assume no responsibility or liability for Your Data, and you are solely responsible for Your Data and the consequences of submitting and using it with the Cloud Products.
5.3. No Prohibited Sensitive Personal Information. You will not submit to the Cloud Products (or use the Cloud Products to collect) any Sensitive Personal Information unless its processing is expressly supported as a feature of the applicable Cloud Product in the applicable Documentation. Notwithstanding any other provision to the contrary, we have no liability under these Terms for Sensitive Personal Information submitted in violation of the foregoing.
5.4. Your Indemnity. You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless us (and our Affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees) from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) resulting from any claim arising from or related to (i) your breach of Section 2.3 (End User Consent) or any claims or disputes brought by your End Users arising out of their use of Cloud Products, (ii) your breach (or alleged breach) of Sections 5.2 (Your Data Compliance Obligations) or 5.3 (No Prohibited Sensitive Personal Information); or (iii) Your Materials. This indemnification obligation is subject to you receiving (a) prompt written notice of such claim (but in any event notice in sufficient time for you to respond without prejudice); (b) the exclusive right to control and direct the investigation, defense or settlement of such claim and (c) all reasonable necessary cooperation by us at your expense.
6. Using third-party products with the Cloud Products.
6.1. Third-Party Products. You (including your End Users) may choose to use or procure other third party products or services in connection with the Cloud Products, or implementation, customization, training or other services. Your receipt or use of any third party products or services (and the third parties’ use of any of Your Data) is subject to a separate agreement between you and the third party provider. If you enable or use third party products or services with the Cloud Products, we will allow the third party providers to access or use Your Data as required for the interoperation of their products and services with the Cloud Products. This may include transmitting, transferring, modifying or deleting Your Data, or storing Your Data on systems belonging to the third party providers or other third parties. Any third party provider’s use of Your Data is subject to the applicable agreement between you and such third party provider. We are not responsible for any access to or use of Your Data by third party providers or their products or services, or for the security or privacy practices of any third party provider or its products or services. You are solely responsible for your decision to permit any third party provider or third party product or service to use Your Data. It is your responsibility to carefully review the agreement between you and the third party provider, as provided by the applicable third party provider. WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (WHETHER SUPPORT, AVAILABILITY, SECURITY OR OTHERWISE) OR FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OR VENDORS.
6.2. Integration with Non-ServiceRocket Applications. The Cloud Products may contain features designed to interoperate with third party products or services. We cannot guarantee the continued availability of such features, and may cease providing them without entitling you to any refund, credit, or other compensation, if for example and without limitation, the provider of a third party product or service ceases to make such third party product or service available for interoperation with the corresponding Cloud Product features in a manner acceptable to us.
7. . Billing, renewals, and payment.
7.1. Monthly and Annual Plans. Except for No-Charge Products, all Cloud Products are offered either on a monthly subscription basis or an annual subscription basis.
7.2. Renewals. Except as otherwise specified in your Order, unless either party cancels your subscription prior to expiration of the current Subscription Term, your subscription will automatically renew for another Subscription Term. The length of each renewal Subscription Term shall be equal to the length of the initial Subscription Term. You will provide any notice of non-renewal through the means we designate, which may include account settings in the Cloud Products or contacting our support team. Cancelling your subscription means that you will not be charged for the next billing cycle, but you will not receive any refunds or credits for amounts that have already been charged. All renewals are subject to the applicable Cloud Product continuing to be offered and will be charged at the then-current rates.
7.3. Adding Users. You may add users, increase storage limits, or otherwise increase your use of Cloud Products by placing a new Order or modifying an existing Order. Unless otherwise specified in the applicable Order, we will charge you for any increased use at our then-current rates, prorated for the remainder of the then-current Subscription Term.
7.4. Payment. You will pay all fees in accordance with each Order, by the due dates and in the currency specified in the Order. If a PO number is required in order for an invoice to be paid, then you must provide such PO number to ServiceRocket by emailing the PO number to accounts@ServiceRocket.com. Other than as expressly set forth in Section 20 (Changes to these Terms), all amounts are non-refundable, non-cancelable and non-creditable. You agree that we may bill your credit card or other payment method for renewals, additional users, overages to set limits or scopes of use, expenses, and unpaid fees, as applicable.
7.5. Delivery. We will deliver the login instructions for Cloud Products to your account or through other reasonable means no later than when we have received payment of the applicable fees. You are responsible for accessing your account to determine that we have received payment and that your Order has been processed. All deliveries under these Terms will be electronic.
8. Taxes not included.
8.1. Taxes. Your fees under these Terms exclude any taxes or duties payable in respect of the Cloud Products in the jurisdiction where the payment is either made or received. To the extent that any such taxes or duties are payable by us, you must pay to us the amount of such taxes or duties in addition to any fees owed under these Terms. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you have obtained an exemption from relevant taxes or duties as of the time such taxes or duties are levied or assessed, you may provide us with such exemption information, and we will use reasonable efforts to provide you with invoicing documents designed to enable you to obtain a refund or credit from the relevant revenue authority, if such a refund or credit is available.
8.2. Withholding Taxes. You will pay all fees net of any applicable withholding taxes. You and we will work together to avoid any withholding tax if exemptions, or a reduced treaty withholding rate, are available. If we qualify for a tax exemption, or a reduced treaty withholding rate, we will provide you with reasonable documentary proof. You will provide us reasonable evidence that you have paid the relevant authority for the sum withheld or deducted.
9. If you purchased through a Reseller. If you make any purchases through an authorized partner or reseller of ServiceRocket (“Reseller”):
(a) Instead of paying us, you will pay the applicable amounts to the Reseller, as agreed between you and the Reseller. We may suspend or terminate your rights to use Cloud Products if we do not receive the corresponding payment from the Reseller.
(b) Your order details (e.g., the Cloud Products you are entitled to use, the number of End Users, the Subscription Term, etc.) will be as stated in the Order placed with us by the Reseller on your behalf, and Reseller is responsible for the accuracy of any such Order as communicated to us.
(c) Resellers are not authorized to modify these Terms or make any promises or commitments on our behalf, and we are not bound by any obligations to you other than as set forth in these Terms.
10. No contingencies on other products of future functionality. You acknowledge that the Cloud Products referenced in an Order are being purchased separately from any of our other products or services. Payment obligations for any products or services are not contingent on the purchase or use of any of our other products (and for clarity, any purchases of Cloud Products are separate and not contingent on each other, even if listed on the same Order). You agree that your purchases are not contingent on the delivery of any future functionality or features (including future availability of any Cloud Products beyond the current Subscription Term), or dependent on any oral or written public comments we make regarding future functionality or features.
11. Evaluations, trials, and betas. We may offer certain Cloud Products to you at no charge, including free accounts, trial use and Beta Versions as defined below (collectively, “No-Charge Products”). Your use of No-Charge Products is subject to any additional terms that we specify and is only permitted during the Subscription Term we designate (or, if not designated, until terminated in accordance with these Terms). Except as otherwise set forth in this Section 11, the terms and conditions of these Terms governing Cloud Products, including Section 3.3 (Restrictions), fully apply to No-Charge Products. We may modify or terminate your right to use No-Charge Products at any time and for any reason in our sole discretion, without liability to you. You understand that any pre-release and beta Cloud Products, and any pre-release and beta features within generally available Cloud Products, that we make available (collectively, “Beta Versions”) are still under development, may be inoperable or incomplete and are likely to contain more errors and bugs than generally available Cloud Products. We make no promises that any Beta Versions will ever be made generally available. In some circumstances, we may charge a fee in order to allow you to access Beta Versions, but the Beta Versions will still remain subject to this Section 11. All information regarding the characteristics, features or performance of any No-Charge Products (including Beta Versions) constitutes our Confidential Information. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all obligations or liabilities with respect to No-Charge Products, including any Support, warranty and indemnity obligations.
12. IP Rights in the Cloud Products and Feedback. Cloud Products are made available on a limited access basis, and no ownership right is conveyed to you, irrespective of the use of terms such as “purchase” or “sale”. We and our licensors have and retain all right, title and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to Our Technology (including the Cloud Products). From time to time, you may choose to submit Feedback to us. We may in connection with any of our products or services freely use, copy, disclose, license, distribute and exploit any Feedback in any manner without any obligation, royalty or restriction based on intellectual property rights or otherwise. No Feedback will be considered your Confidential Information, and nothing in these Terms limits our right to independently use, develop, evaluate, or market products or services, whether incorporating Feedback or otherwise.
13. Confidentiality. Except as otherwise set forth in these Terms, each party agrees that all code, inventions, know-how and business, technical and financial information disclosed to such party (“Receiving Party”) by the disclosing party ("Disclosing Party") constitute the confidential property of the Disclosing Party (“Confidential Information”), provided that it is identified as confidential at the time of disclosure or should be reasonably known by the Receiving Party to be confidential or proprietary due to the nature of the information disclosed and the circumstances surrounding the disclosure. Any of Our Technology and any performance information relating to the Cloud Products will be deemed our Confidential Information without any marking or further designation. Except as expressly authorized herein, the Receiving Party will (1) hold in confidence and not disclose any Confidential Information to third parties and (2) not use Confidential Information for any purpose other than fulfilling its obligations and exercising its rights under these Terms. The Receiving Party may disclose Confidential Information to its employees, agents, contractors and other representatives having a legitimate need to know, provided that they are bound to confidentiality obligations no less protective of the Disclosing Party than this Section 13 and that the Receiving Party remains responsible for compliance by them with the terms of this Section 13. The Receiving Party's confidentiality obligations will not apply to information which the Receiving Party can document: (i) was rightfully in its possession or known to it prior to receipt of the Confidential Information; (ii) is or has become public knowledge through no fault of the Receiving Party; (iii) is rightfully obtained by the Receiving Party from a third party without breach of any confidentiality obligation; or (iv) is independently developed by employees of the Receiving Party who had no access to such information. The Receiving Party may also disclose Confidential Information if so required pursuant to a regulation, law or court order (but only to the minimum extent required to comply with such regulation or order and with advance notice to the Disclosing Party). The Receiving Party acknowledges that disclosure of Confidential Information would cause substantial harm for which damages alone would not be a sufficient remedy, and therefore that upon any such disclosure by the Receiving Party the Disclosing Party will be entitled to appropriate equitable relief in addition to whatever other remedies it might have at law.
14. Term and Termination.
14.1. Term. These Terms are effective as of the Effective Date and expire on the date of expiration or termination of all Subscription Terms.
14.2. Termination by ServiceRocket. We may terminate these Terms (including all related Orders) if you (a) fail to cure any material breach of these Terms within thirty (30) days after notice; (b) cease operation without a successor; or (c) seek protection under any bankruptcy, receivership, trust deed, creditors’ arrangement, composition or comparable proceeding, or if any such proceeding is instituted against you (and not dismissed within sixty (60) days thereafter). Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may terminate these Terms immediately upon any breach by you or your End Users of Section 3.3 or Section 13. If we terminate these Terms, without prejudice to any other rights we may have, any unpaid fees covering the remainder of the then-current Subscription Term or related services period (as applicable) shall become immediately due and payable.
14.3. Termination by You. You may choose to stop using the Cloud Products and terminate these Terms (including all Orders) at any time for any reason upon written notice to us. Upon any such termination (i) you will not be entitled to a refund of any pre-paid fees and (ii) if you have not already paid all applicable fees for the then-current Subscription Term or related services period (as applicable), any such fees that are outstanding will become immediately due and payable.
14.4. Effects of Termination. Upon any expiration or termination of these Terms, you must cease using all Cloud Products and delete (or at our request, return) all Confidential Information or other materials of ours in your possession, including on any third-party systems operated on your behalf. You will certify such deletion upon our request. You will not have access to Your Data (and we may delete all of Your Data unless legally prohibited) after expiration or termination of these Terms (or its applicable Subscription Term), so you should make sure to export Your Data using the functionality of the Cloud Products during the applicable Subscription Term. In no event will termination relieve you of your obligation to pay any fees payable to us for the remainder of any applicable Subscription Term. Except where an exclusive remedy may be specified in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any remedy, including termination, will be without prejudice to any other remedies it may have under these Terms, by law or otherwise.
14.5. Survival. The following provisions will survive any termination or expiration of these Terms: Sections 3.3 (Restrictions), 5.4 (Your Indemnity), 6.1 (Third-Party Products), 7.4 (Payment), 8 (Taxes not included), 11 (Evaluations, trials, and betas) (disclaimers and use restrictions only), 12 (IP Rights in the Cloud Products and Feedback), 13 (Confidentiality), 14 (Term and Termination), 15.2 (Warranty Disclaimer), 16 (Limitation of Liability), 22 (Dispute Resolution) and 22 (General Provisions).
15 Warranties and Disclaimer.
15.1. Mutual Warranties. Each party represents and warrants that it has the legal power and authority to enter into these Terms.
15.2 WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. ALL CLOUD PRODUCTS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NO-CHARGE PRODUCTS) AND SUPPORT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” AND WE AND OUR SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, FUNCTIONALITY OR MERCHANTABILITY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. WITHOUT LIMITING OUR EXPRESS OBLIGATIONS IN THESE TERMS, WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE CLOUD PRODUCTS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT WE WILL REVIEW YOUR DATA FOR ACCURACY OR THAT WE WILL PRESERVE OR MAINTAIN YOUR DATA WITHOUT LOSS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT USE OF THE CLOUD PRODUCTS NECESSARILY INVOLVES TRANSMISSION OF YOUR DATA OVER NETWORKS THAT WE DO NOT OWN, OPERATE OR CONTROL, AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF YOUR DATA LOST, ALTERED, INTERCEPTED OR STORED ACROSS SUCH NETWORKS. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT OUR SECURITY PROCEDURES WILL BE ERROR-FREE, THAT TRANSMISSIONS OF YOUR DATA WILL ALWAYS BE SECURE OR THAT UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTIES WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO DEFEAT OUR SECURITY MEASURES OR THOSE OF OUR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS, SERVICE FAILURES OR OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN USE OF THE INTERNET AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS OR OTHER SYSTEMS OUTSIDE OUR REASONABLE CONTROL. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS, BUT THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, WILL BE LIMITED TO THE SHORTEST PERIOD PERMITTED BY LAW.
16. Limitation of Liability.
16.1. Consequential Damages Waiver. EXCEPT FOR EXCLUDED CLAIMS (AS DEFINED BELOW), NEITHER PARTY (NOR ITS SUPPLIERS) WILL HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, LOST OR INACCURATE DATA, LOST PROFITS, FAILURE OF SECURITY MECHANISMS, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, COSTS OF DELAY, OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, EVEN IF INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE.
16.2. Liability Cap. EXCEPT FOR EXCLUDED CLAIMS, EACH PARTY’S AND ITS SUPPLIERS’ AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO THE OTHER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS WILL NOT EXCEED US$100. If any law implies in this Agreement any term, condition or warranty which cannot be excluded or limited, then to the extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of any such term, condition or warranty is limited to: (1) in the case of goods, at our option (A) the re-supply of the goods, or of equivalent goods; or (B) the payment of the cost of having the goods supplied again; and (2) in the case of services, at our option (A) the re-supply of the services; or (B) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
16.3. Excluded Claims. “Excluded Claims” means (1) amounts owed by you under any Orders, (2) either party’s express indemnification obligations in these Terms, and (3) your breach of Section 3.3 (Restrictions).
16.4. Nature of Claims and Failure of Essential Purpose. The parties agree that the waivers and limitations specified in this Section 16 apply regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise and will survive and apply even if any limited remedy specified in these Terms is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
17. Publicity Rights. We may identify you as an ServiceRocket customer in our promotional materials. We will promptly stop doing so upon your request sent to privacy@ServiceRocket.com.
18. Dispute Resolution.
18.1. Informal Resolution. In the event of any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms, the parties will consult and negotiate with each other and, recognizing their mutual interests, attempt to reach a solution satisfactory to both parties. If the parties do not reach settlement within a period of sixty (60) days, either party may pursue relief as may be available under these Terms pursuant to Section 18.2 (Governing Law; Jurisdiction). All negotiations pursuant to this Section 18.1 will be confidential and treated as compromise and settlement negotiations for purposes of all rules and codes of evidence of applicable legislation and jurisdictions.
18.2. Governing Law; Jurisdiction. These Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia if your principal place of business is located outside of the United States of America and in such case the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia. If your principal place of business is located within the United States of America, these Terms shall be governed by the laws of California, USA and in such case the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Santa Clara County, California.
18.3. Injunctive Relief; Enforcement. Notwithstanding the provisions of Section 18.1 (Informal Resolution) and 18.2 (Governing Law; Jurisdiction), nothing in these Terms will prevent us from seeking injunctive relief with respect to a violation of intellectual property rights, confidentiality obligations or enforcement or recognition of any award or order in any appropriate jurisdiction.
18.4. Exclusion of UN Convention and UCITA. The terms of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the Sale of Goods do not apply to these Terms. The Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (UCITA) will not apply to these Terms regardless of when or where adopted.
19. Export Restrictions. The Cloud Products are subject to export restrictions by the United States government and may be subject to import restrictions by certain foreign governments, and you agree to comply with all applicable export and import laws and regulations in your access to, use of, and download of the Cloud Products (or any part thereof). You shall not (and shall not allow any third-party to) remove or export from the United States or allow the export or re-export of any part of the Cloud Products or any direct product thereof: (a) into (or to a national or resident of) any embargoed or terrorist-supporting country; (b) to anyone on the U.S. Commerce Department’s Denied Persons, Entity, or Unverified Lists or the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals and Consolidated Sanctions list (collectively, “Prohibited Persons”); (c) to any country to which such export or re-export is restricted or prohibited, or as to which the United States government or any agency thereof requires an export license or other governmental approval at the time of export or re-export without first obtaining such license or approval; or (d) otherwise in violation of any export or import restrictions, laws or regulations of any United States or foreign agency or authority. You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such prohibited country and (ii) none of Your Data is controlled under the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations or similar Laws in other jurisdictions. You also certify that you are not a Prohibited Person nor owned, controlled by, or acting on behalf of a Prohibited Person. You agree not to use or provide the Cloud Products for any prohibited end use, including to support any nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons proliferation, or missile technology, without the prior permission of the United States government.
20.1. No-Charge Products. You must accept the modifications to continue using the No-Charge Products. If you object to the modifications, your exclusive remedy is to cease using the No-Charge Products.
20.2. Paid Subscriptions. Except as otherwise indicated below, modifications to these Terms will take effect at the next renewal of your Subscription Term and will automatically apply as of the renewal date unless you elect not to renew pursuant to Section 7.2 (Renewals). Notwithstanding the foregoing, in some cases (e.g., to address compliance with Laws, or as necessary for new features) we may specify that such modifications become effective during your then-current Subscription Term. If the effective date of such modifications is during your then-current Subscription Term and you object to the modifications, then (as your exclusive remedy) you may terminate your affected Orders upon notice to us, and we will refund you any fees you have pre-paid for use of the affected Cloud Products for the terminated portion of the applicable Subscription Term. To exercise this right, you must provide us with notice of your objection and termination within thirty (30) days of us providing notice of the modifications. For the avoidance of doubt, any Order is subject to the version of these Terms in effect at the time of the Order.
21. Changes to the Cloud Products. You acknowledge that the Cloud Products are on-line, subscription-based products, and that in order to provide improved customer experience we may make changes to the Cloud Products, and we may update the applicable Documentation accordingly. Subject to our obligation to provide Cloud Products under existing Orders, we can discontinue any Cloud Products or any portion or feature of any Cloud Products for any reason at any time without liability to you.
22. General Provisions.
22.1. Notices. Any notice under these Terms must be given in writing. We may provide notice to you through your Notification Email Address, your account or in-product notifications. You agree that any electronic communication will satisfy any applicable legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing. Any notice to you will be deemed given upon the first business day after we send it. You will provide notice to us by post to ServiceRocket, 2741 Middlefield Road, Suite 200, Palo Alto, CA, 94306, Attn: General Counsel. Your notices to us will be deemed given upon receipt.
22.2. Force Majeure. Neither party will be liable to the other for any delay or failure to perform any obligation under these Terms (except for a failure to pay fees) if the delay or failure is due to events which are beyond the reasonable control of such party, such as a strike, blockade, war, act of terrorism, riot, natural disaster, failure or diminishment of power or telecommunications or data networks or services, or refusal of a license by a government agency.
22.3. Assignment. You may not assign or transfer these Terms without our prior written consent. As an exception to the foregoing, you may assign these Terms in their entirety (including all Orders) to your successor resulting from a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all of your assets or voting securities, provided that you provide us with prompt written notice of the assignment and the assignee agrees in writing to assume all of your obligations under these Terms. Any attempt by you to transfer or assign these Terms except as expressly authorized above will be null and void. We may assign our rights and obligations under these Terms (in whole or in part) without your consent. We may also permit our Affiliates, agents and contractors to exercise our rights or perform our obligations under these Terms, in which case we will remain responsible for their compliance with these Terms. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will inure to the parties’ permitted successors and assigns.
22.5. Entire Agreement. These Terms is the entire agreement between you and us relating to the Cloud Products and any other subject matter covered by these Terms, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals and representations between you and us with respect to the Cloud Products or any other subject matter covered by these Terms. No provision of any purchase order or other business form employed by you will supersede or supplement the terms and conditions of these Terms, and any such document relating to these Terms will be for administrative purposes only and will have no legal effect.
22.7. Waivers; Modifications. No failure or delay by the injured party to these Terms in exercising any right, power or privilege hereunder will operate as a waiver thereof, nor will any single or partial exercise thereof preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any right, power or privilege hereunder at law or equity. Except as set forth in Section 20 (Changes to these Terms), any amendments or modifications to these Terms must be executed in writing by an authorized representative of each party.
22.8. Interpretation. As used herein, “including” (and its variants) means “including without limitation” (and its variants). Headings are for convenience only. If any provision of these Terms is held to be void, invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will continue in full force and effect.
22.9. Independent Contractors. The parties are independent contractors. These Terms will not be construed as constituting either party as a partner of the other or to create any other form of legal association that would give either party the express or implied right, power or authority to create any duty or obligation of the other party.
23. Definitions. Certain capitalized terms are defined in this Section 23, and others are defined contextually in these Terms.
“Administrators” mean the personnel designated by you who administer the Cloud Products to End Users on your behalf.
“Affiliate” means an entity which, directly or indirectly, owns or controls, is owned or is controlled by or is under common ownership or control with a party, where “control” means the power to direct the management or affairs of an entity, and “ownership” means the beneficial ownership of greater than 50% of the voting equity securities or other equivalent voting interests of the entity.
“Cloud Products” means our hosted or cloud-based solutions (currently designated as “Cloud” deployments), including any client software we provide as part of the Cloud Products.
“Documentation” means our standard published documentation for the Cloud Products, currently located here.
“End User” means an individual you or an Affiliate permits to use the Cloud Products. For the avoidance of doubt: (a) individuals invited by your End Users, (b) individuals under managed accounts, and (c) individuals interacting with a Cloud Product as your customer are also considered End Users.
“End User Account” means an account established by you or an End User to enable the End User to use or access a Cloud Product.
“Feedback” means comments, questions, ideas, suggestions or other feedback relating to the Cloud Products or Support.
“HIPAA” means the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, as amended and supplemented.
“Laws” means all applicable local, state, federal and international laws, regulations and conventions, including those related to data privacy and data transfer, international communications and the exportation of technical or personal data.
“Notification Email Address” means the email address(es) you used to register for a Cloud Product account or otherwise sign up for a Cloud Product. It is your responsibility to keep your email address(es) valid and current so that we are able to send notices, statements, and other information to you.
“Order” means ServiceRocket’s applicable online order page(s), flows, in-product screens or other ServiceRocket-approved ordering document or process describing the products and services you are ordering from us and, as applicable, their permitted scope of use. As applicable, the Order may identify: (i) the Cloud Products, (ii) the number of End Users, Subscription Term, domain(s) associated with your use of Cloud Products, storage capacity or limits, or other scope of use parameters and (iii) (for paid Orders) the amount or rate you will be charged, the billing and renewal terms, applicable currency, and form of payment. Orders may also include No-Charge Products.
“Our Deliverables” means any materials, deliverables, modifications, derivative works or developments that we provide in connection with any Cloud Products.
“Our Technology” means the Cloud Products (including all No-Charge Products), Our Deliverables, their “look and feel”, any and all related or underlying technology and any modifications or derivative works of the foregoing, including as they may incorporate Feedback.
“PCI DSS” means the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
“PO” means a purchase order.
“Sensitive Personal Information” means any (i) special categories of personal data enumerated in European Union Regulation 2016/679, Article 9(1) or any successor legislation; (ii) patient, medical or other protected health information regulated by HIPAA; (iii) credit, debit or other payment card data subject to PCI DSS; (iv) other personal information subject to regulation or protection under specific laws such as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (or related rules or regulations); (v) social security numbers, driver’s license numbers or other government ID numbers; or (vi) any data similar to the foregoing that is protected under foreign or domestic laws or regulations.
“Subscription Term” means your permitted subscription period for a Cloud Product, as set forth in the applicable Order.
“Support” means support for the Cloud Products, as further described here (to the extent applicable). Your Support level will be specified in the applicable Order.
“Training” means ServiceRocket-provided training and certification services.
“Your Data” means any data, content, code, video, images or other materials of any type that you (including any of your End Users) submit to Cloud Products. In this context, “submit” (and any similar term) includes submitting, uploading, transmitting or otherwise making available Your Data to or through the Cloud Products.
“Your Materials” means your materials, systems, personnel or other resources.